Graduation of PraxisAletheia Class of 2021
Let’s start with the meaning of “graduation” because it supports the idea that: This is just the beginning.
- early 15th century, in alchemy, “a tempering, a refining of something to a certain degree” from graduate (n.).
- General sense of “a dividing into degrees” is from 1590s;
- meaning “action of receiving or giving an academic degree” is from early 15th century
- in reference to the ceremony where a degree is given, from 1818.
- early 15th century, “one who holds a degree”
- from Medieval Latin graduatus, past participle of graduari “to take a degree”
- from Latin gradus “a step; a step climbed (on a ladder or stair)”
- figuratively “a step toward something, a degree of something rising by stages” (from PIE root *ghredh– “to walk, go“).
The New Human is emerging — graduating if you will — and is going somewhere. But how do we know?
We assess PraxisAletheia students over the course of the year with The New Human Assessment, and the Class of 2021 just completed their year. The New Human Assessment is an integrated instrument that measures both states of experience and stages of development. In this blog post we’ll address the results of the New Human Assessment for State Experience which consists of the following nine (9) assessments, all of which have been validated through research (unless otherwise indicated below):
- Inner Organic Technology (IOT) – A new measurement scale to measure newly emergent properties with six (6) vectors
- General Experience of SalutoGenesis
- SalutoGenic Breath Expansion
- SalutoGenic Breath Rhythm
- SalutoGenic AutoWave
- SalutoGenic Double Helix
- SalutoGenic ThriveStyle
- Mystical Experience Questionnaire (MEQ) – The MEQ can be subdivided into four (4) subscales:
- Mystical Quality: Inner Unity, Outer Unity, Noetic quality, Sacredness
- Transcendence of time & space
- Positive mood
- Sense of Coherence (SoC), Orientation to Life Questionnaire: The SoC-19 can be divided into three (3) subscales:
- Flourishing Scale — Lower values indicate less flourishing, higher values indicate more flourishing
- Subjective Happiness Scale — lower values indicate less happiness, higher values indicate more happiness.
- Goals Index — Lower values indicate lower goal accomplishment and higher values indicate higher goal accomplishment.
- Pearlin Mastery Scale — Lower values indicate less mastery, higher values indicate more mastery
- Anxiety Scale – Lower values indicate less anxiety, higher values indicate more anxiety.
- Depression Scale – Lower values indicate less depression, higher values indicate more depression.
The academic year of PraxisAletheia consists of four (4) quarters. Some assessments were administered more frequently than others based on expectations of capacity for change and other factors.
|Q0 – before the start of PraxisAletheia||All 9 Assessments|
|Q1 – after the first quarter||IOT, MEQ, SoC|
|Q2 – after the second quarter||IOT, MEQ, SoC|
|Q2 – after the third quarter||IOT, MEQ, SoC|
|Q4 – after the fourth quarter||All 9 Assessments|
Before & After Results – Preliminary
PraxisAletheia gets results for our students. Preliminary data analysis indicates statistically significant changes (p-value < alpha(0.05)) in all measurements in the hypothesized directions (e.g., decreased depression, increased happiness). In order of largest to smallest absolute value of percentage change from “Quarter 0” (Q0) to the end of the fourth quarter (Q4):
|Scale||From Q0 to Q4||Difference||Percentage Change|
|Mystical Experience (MEQ)||from 92.4 to 132.0||39.6 ± 9.7||42.9% ± 11.3%|
|Inner Organic Technology (IOT)||from 24.4 to 33.4||9.0 ± 2.6||36.7% ± 11.0%|
|Depression||from 6.9 to 5.2||-1.7 ± 0.6||-24.2% ± 8.5%|
|Anxiety||from 7.0 to 5.6||-1.4 ± 0.7||-20.0% ± 9.6%|
|Goals||from 12.6 to 14.6||2.0 ± 0.6||15.6% ± 4.5%|
|Happiness||from 21.2 to 23.8||2.6 ± 1.1||12.0% ± 5.1%|
|Sense of Coherence (SoC)||from 144.3 to 160.2||15.9 ± 5.1||11.0% ± 3.5%|
|Mastery||from 23.2 to 25.5||2.3 ± 0.9||9.7% ± 3.9%|
|Flourishing||from 47.8 to 51.8||4.0 ± 1.4||8.3% ± 2.9%|
Here are two examples of the distributions — happiness & depression — of where the collective student body starts, and where they end up, after a year of doing the practices and following the coursework.
Results of Quarterly Assessments – Preliminary
The data almost speaks for itself.
Just the beginning…
Notice where the data is heading. This is just the beginning of what we can do as a species. An Inner Organic Technology has emerged in us, and we have the knowledge to unlock it. Following the pattern of 13.8-billion-years of evolution, humans are evolving, too. And we can accelerate the process.
What else is possible when we’re happier, less anxious, with greater access to mystical experiences?
What kinds of relationships can we form when we’ve increased our life mastery and are less depressed?
What kind of world can we build with increased levels of goal accomplishment and higher levels of coherence: manageability, comprehensibility, and meaningfulness?
If not you, then who?
If not now, then when?
If not this, then what?
The New Human University offers a one-year course in the teachings and practices of PraxisAletheia: A Mystery School at the Leading Edge of Evolution. PraxisAletheia is a path of waking up, growing up, cleaning up, and showing up in the world as the new human
The Best is yet to come, and The New Human is one of the steps on the Journey. Enrollment is now open for the Class of 2023 with substantial tuition waivers for early enrollment.
Watch this webinar to see if you are a good fit for PraxisAletheia.