Getting Ready for S.T.A.R.S.
STARS is the “Society for Theory and Research on Salutogenesis.“ The mission of STARS is to advance and promote the science of Salutogenesis. According to their website, STARS provides a transdisciplinary platform for scientific exchange between researchers in the field of Salutogenesis. The society formed by STARS is a bridge between the International Union for Health Promotion and Education’s (IUHPE) Global Working Group on Salutogenesis (GWG), and the broader scientific community working in areas other than health promotion.
STARS is holding the 6th International Conference on Salutogenesis in Girona, Spain, from June 17th to 18th, 2021, in partnership with IUHPE. (Due to ongoing concerns about COVID-19, the conference will be held online.) The working title for the conference is “Advancing Salutogenesis towards thriving societies.” One of the primary aims of the conference is to “share and discuss innovative approaches for applying Salutogenesis beyond the health sector.
Yesterday, the conference organizers trained moderators in technical aspects of the conference. People from all over the world have volunteered to moderate the conference. Moderators were located in, for example, Spain, Finland, Israel, and the U.S. Language translation between Spanish and English was used during the training.
The New Human University is presenting during a session of the conference covering the topic of “Salutogenesis in schools and other educational settings.” The following is a list of presentations, presenters, and represented institutions during this particular session. Notice, for example, that the Israeli Ministry of Education has representation at the Salutogenic Conference. Presentations in this session will also be delivered from The Netherlands, Italy, and Norway.
- Impact of academic pressure among University of Applied Science students on perceived stress, (Cindy de Bot, Avans University of Applied Science Breda, The Netherlands)
- Salutogenesis in Education: Prevention of risk behaviors and dropout from schools by implementing the Salutogenic approach (Moran Neuman Ayalon, Israel Ministry of Education)
- Activating latent salutogenic mechanisms at the new human university: integrally informed enactment of emergent capacities within culture and society moving toward supercoherence (Steven Giron, The New Human University)
- At the meeting place of pedagogy and salutogenesis. connecting models, strategies, and critical reflection for educators (Patrizia Garista, National Institute for Documentation, Innovation, and Educational Research, Italy)
- Target shooting practice: schools and volunteers going hand in hand for adolescents’ best (Audhild Løhre NTNU Department of Teacher Education, Norwegian University of Science and Technology)
Advancing Salutogenesis towards thriving societies
The core technology of The New Human University used in all our programs is an Inner Organic Technology that initiates a SalutoGenic response. SalutoGenesis awakens dormant, evolutionary, self-promoting functions within the human body — including higher functions of the higher brain, higher heart, and human DNA — which in turn awakens the higher mind, including higher consciousness, and promotes higher stage development. Humans that operate with higher, emergent, evolutionary functions create thriving culture and society. And while The NHU does not directly promote health, health and wellness are natural and organic results of promoting SalutoGenesis through activation of Inner Organic Technology.
At the conference, we will present our work and associated research.
Invitation to Early Enrollment
If you find this work important, then you may wish to be an active participant in both self-development and in the development of thriving societies through the SalutoGenic framework and the structures for enactment provided by The New Human University. We have several programs available to meet the needs of the public, but our highest-level program — the one that is responsible for (1) massive personal and cultural transformation as well (2) providing research data — is PraxisAletheia: The Metamodern Mystery School.
You’re invited to participate in the class of 2022. While classes start January 31st, 2022, we’ve opened early enrollment which provides at least 2 major benefits
- Substantial incentive on tuition
- Sufficient time for preparation (e.g. adjusting schedules, adjusting to our learning environment, etc.)
If you think you may be a fit, then watch this webinar.